Senior Web Developer (Onsite)
Job Type: Full-time exempt
Work Location: Howard Beach, Queens, NY
Valhalla MSO and its branches, Valhalla Vitality and Vitality MS, are seeking an experienced and creative Senior Web Developer to join our tech team. In this Director-level position, you will collaborate with our CEO, Chief of Staff, web design, and marketing teams to develop innovative, seamless, and easy-to-use software solutions for our clients. Proficiency in AWS, NodeJS, React, PHP, HTML, and CSS is essential. As a Senior Web Developer, we will expect you to serve as a leader for our junior developers, actively cultivating their skills to improve your team’s production, and negotiate pricing and projects with software studios like GrayBike and Clarity. Our perfect candidate has a bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or a related field and a strong portfolio of past work, although a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Design and architect web applications/portals to meet complex business requirements
- Technically evaluate existing internal/external technical platforms, frameworks, and infrastructure
- Participate, contribute, assimilate, and provide opinion on changes, enhancements and design being done projects
- Analyze, define requirements, design, program, test, debug, document, implement, maintain and support of the client applications.
- Develop business intelligence and web-based technology and statistical tools
- Maintain, modify/enhance established tools
- Development of new tools/technologies
- Support Internet and Intranet sites to Microsoft SharePoint technologies
- Develop and maintain new business intelligence and social business applications using (but not limited to) .NET and Microsoft SharePoint technologies.
- Research new technologies in visual business intelligence and provide recommendations.
- Develop and sustain mobile applications and ability to rapidly develop small customizable applications for mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones, and other mobile devices.
- Proficient with social media collaboration tools and advise clients on software trends in mobility concepts and architecture.
- Advanced degree in computer science, IT, or similar. Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years of IT experience of which 5+ years should be in architecting web application platforms/portals
- Software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 5 years (Preferred)
- Practical experience with content management systems.
- Experience with wireframe and diagnostic tools.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent customer service and research abilities.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Strong interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- PHP proficient, and have experience building SaaS operations and building on SaaS platforms
- Experience with CMS tools such as WordPress or Drupal.
If you are a highly skilled Backend Software Developer looking for an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects with a growing and reputable Wellness organization, we want to hear from you. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the success of our platforms. Apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $175,000.00 per year (Negotiable based on skillset and leadership experience)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 years
- 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday (expected to work overtime during software launches, server upgrades, marketing deadlines as needed)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Howard Beach, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. They are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.